DARS-VZ VZ.58 Side Rail Plate (Cosmetic Second)
DARS-VZ light weight universal side rail plate
Common Usage: VZ58 type rifles
Product Dimensions: 3.96 x 0.95 x 0.40 inches
Weight: 1.8 oz
2 in stock
This is a factory screw up. Its a cosmetically challenged DARS-VZ side rail plate made for VZ.58 type rifles. It carries no warranty.
Easily add modern optics to your VZ58 rifle with the DARS-VZ universal light weight side rail plate. This side rail plate will fit Czechpoint, CSA, and Century Arms pattern VZ receivers. May potentially fit other brands, but not verified. Includes DARS-VZ mount plate, M5 x 0.8mm bolts.
QUALIFIED AND COMPETENT GUNSMITH INSTALLATION REQUIRED
If mounting to a VZ that has been drilled and tapped, simply align the mount to the bolt holes and using the supplied M5 bolts, degrease threads and using blue thread locker torque to 24-26 inch pounds.
If mounting to a VZ that does not have side rail plate holes, drilling and tapping is required (not included). We do not warranty any installation or machining on the receiver. Qualified and competent gunsmiths may use the following instructions as guidance:
- Clear and safe rifle.
- Remove dust cover and bolt/carrier
- Place DARS-VZ on left side of receiver with DARS-VZ wording reading normally
- Push DARS-VZ upward firmly against receiver shelf
- Align DARS-VZ on safety pin hole
- Mark location of bolt holes with a center finder
- Remove DARS-VZ
- Using a 4.2mm drill bit in mill or proper drilling fixture, drill front hole to a depth of 9mm, drill rear hole through left side of receiver only
- Using M5 x 0.8mm bottoming tap, tap both holes
- Line up DARS-VZ on newly created holes and using the supplied M5 bolts, degrease threads and using blue thread locker torque to 24-26 inch pounds
|Dimensions||4.75 x 3.3 x 1.4 in|